The program, which was inspired by the successful Aspire pilot launched and funded by Women United, will focus on providing support to the 50,000 families in Virginia Beach who qualify as ALICE and are struggling to make ends meet. VBthrive will work with a variety of partners to support these individuals and families in five critical areas:
- Employment & Education
- Financial Management
VBthrive was launched thanks to the support of a three-year, $15 million grant from the City of Virginia Beach with funding from the American Rescue Plan Act. The program will also provide $10 million in business relief grants through LISC Hampton Roads.
HOW IT WORKS
- Application & Intake:
After we evaluate your application, you'll be contacted by an intake specialist to complete your intake, then assigned to a case manager to assess your needs.
- Individualized Plan:
Based on your needs and goals, your case manager will refer you to various resources and services that provide support.
- Closing the Loop:
After completion of referrals, you will receive incentives for accomplished goals.
- Adult resident of Virginia Beach, VA
- Have income from employment, receiving benefits, or are enrolled in school
- Not living on the street or in an emergency shelter
- Have been impacted by COVID-19
HOW TO APPLY
- Click the button below
- Visit our Resource Center on the second floor of the Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library during open hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays: 11 AM – 4 PM
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at 757.385.0113