What is Project Inclusion?
Project Inclusion is a Board Governance Leadership and Development Program sponsored by United Way of South Hampton Roads. This program has received a national award from United Way of America as one of three best practice programs in the country for diversity.
United Way of South Hampton Roads is actively pursuing inclusiveness on committees and boards of certified agencies. Project inclusion prepares volunteers for board governance with United Way agency boards as well as other volunteer organizations. This training is an on-going process to benefit the entire South Hampton Roads community. While the focus is on the non-profit sector, the leadership skills that the participants acquire are beneficial to any company.
Project Inclusion gives participants the opportunity to sharpen their leadership and management skills, meet new contacts and agency representatives, and acquire an enormous sense of fulfillment and satisfaction for contributing to the well being of others in your community.
Click here to download the application.
Click here to download the brochure.
Project Inclusion Goals
- To conduct a leadership development and boardsmanship program designed to recruit, educate, develop and retain minorities for inclusion on the boards of local nonprofit agencies.
- To refer program participants for placement with volunteer agencies.
- To monitor and evaluate the results of the referrals.
Weekly Project Inclusion agenda:
- Professional Development/Career Assessment Survey
- Cultural Sensitivity/Effective Communication
- Fiscal Responsibilities/Community Mapping
- Ethical Legal Responsibilities
- Conflict Resolution
- Technology Tools
- Executive Director Panel Discussion
- Parliamentary Procedures
- Image Building
- Board Governance Class Project
- Technology Tools
In The News
Stone Soup volunteers prepare meals for 2,300 at local shelters More than 150 Women United volunteers and guests came together Feb. 3, 2018, at the 7th Annual Stone Soup event. They converted thousands of dollars of groceries into meals for the hungry. In less than...