Local human services agencies are invited to apply for Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) funds. To supplement existing emergency food and shelter programs, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk and Virginia Beach have been chosen to receive federal funds from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program. Awarded Federal Funds are facilitated by phase, Phase 38 will be the next phase of EFSP, concurrent with Phase 37.
The following jurisdictions have been awarded EFSP funds to supplement emergency food and shelter programs within their locales: Chesapeake $28,486; Norfolk $97,462; Portsmouth $41,727; Suffolk $12,191; and Virginia Beach $57,346. The awarded funds must be spent by May 31, 2021.
Blackbaud Grantmaking Application Portal
Submissions should be submitted electronically through the online application portal. Please follow instructions for logging in and completing the application. Here are a few useful tips:
- If your organization is a new UWSHR applicant and has not yet set up an account in the Portal, go to GrantRequest.com/SID_6017 and click “New Applicant?” to set up your log-in with an email and password. You must set up your account before beginning the application.
- After successfully setting up your log-in, to start a new, blank application, click here.
- Once your organization has started the application, the ONLY way to access saved or in-progress applications for editing and submission is through your Account Portal. Log-in to your Account Portal here.
You may reference the Blackbaud Grantmaking 101 Guide for additional guidance on using the system.
A local board will determine how funds will be distributed dependent upon current local priorities regarding emergency food and/or shelter. To apply for funding, agencies must:
- be private, voluntary non-profits; public nonprofits; or units of government;
- be eligible to receive federal funds;
- have an accounting system;
- practice nondiscrimination;
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs;
- and, if a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
Applications must be submitted electronically by February 8, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. For questions, email Teresa Stafford at firstname.lastname@example.org.