Local human services agencies are invited to apply for Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) funds. To supplement existing emergency food and shelter programs, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Virginia Beach have been chosen to receive federal funds from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program.
|Isle of Wight||$0|
A local board will determine how funds will be distributed. To apply for funding, agencies must:
- be private, voluntary non-profits; public nonprofits; or units of government;
- be eligible to receive federal funds;
- have an accounting system;
- practice nondiscrimination;
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- and if a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
Applications are downloadable by clicking here. Completed applications must be received
either by mail or delivery no later than 4 p.m. Friday, August 23, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Send or deliver completed application to:
United Way of South Hampton Roads
Attn: Kathleen Banfield
2515 Walmer Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23513
For more information contact: